A Well-Dressed Man
Dressing well can really enhance your appearance and attractiveness to others. Women tend to be more attracted to fashion than women, but this does not mean that men cannot improve their outward appearance within a realm that is comfortable to them. If you have a man in your life that you would like to help in the fashion department, remember to take baby steps. Men are sensitive about their appearance and how they are perceived just like women. Once your man is looking stylish and feeling good, reward yourself and grab a pair of designer women sunglasses for you. Here are some tips.
- Comfort – Don’t try to make a man something he is not. When helping him look more put together, choose articles of clothing he will feel comfortable in. Confidence is key. He can be wearing the most stylish suit and his lack of confidence can kill the image. A confident man in a pair of well-fitted khakis and a button-up shirt can turn every head in the room.
- Fit – Many men want to wear oversized clothing. Don’t let your man be pennywise and pound foolish. Encourage them to pay for a nice article of clothing that fits instead of opting for the discounted item that will sit in their closet. Fit is important when it comes to style. A man doesn’t need to dress metrosexual to look put together, but his clothes should fit him well.
- Body – Just like in women’s fashion, not every style looks good on everybody. Help that man in your life dress appropriately for his body type. Search for clothes and styles that fit their build and lifestyle. Take the time to see what other men of similar stature wear and get ideas from their wardrobe.
- Hair – Gift him a nice haircut at a reputable barber. Spending a little more on a haircut goes a long way. Encourage him to find a barber that he likes and stick with him. Make an appointment once a month and stick with it. A good haircut goes a long way to building confidence. It is a small thing that is worth a little more money.
- Function – Make sure you are not trying to change your man. If he loves to hike and rarely attends meetings, a more casual, technical style might suit him better. His clothes should cover him well and allow for functional movement. Clothes that fit too tight will be relegated to the back of the closet.
Most men like a well-put-together woman. Remind your fella of this when you broach the subject of fashion. He doesn’t need to look like a runway model to feel good and confident about what he wears.