MAKEUP LOOK CREATED BY MATIN MAULAWIZADA FOR LAURA MERCIER
Pamella Roland’s inspiration for her 2015 Spring/Summer collection stemmed from “The Gardens of Kyoto Japan.” As an ode to Japan and cherry blossoms, lead makeup artist, Matin Maulawizada for Laura Mercier, created a fashion-forward monochromatic look. He was inspired by a “Geisha-esque” image of American model Guinvere van Seenus photographed by Steven Meisel. The final look was “effortless, but dramatic.”
Face: A flawless, youthful complexion
· Matin first prepped with the skin with Laura Mercier Repair Eye Serum, ($83), applying it on the t-zone, underneath eyes and on the cheekbones to illuminate the skin.
· Next, he massaged Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, ($33) into the skin to create an even canvas.
· He then dabbed Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide, ($48) in one shade lighter than the models’ skin all over the face to provide lightweight coverage.
· To eliminate any puffiness and to brighten the under-eye area, he applied Laura Mercier High Coverage Concealer, ($28).
· Lastly, to ensure the makeup stayed in place on the runway, he swept Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder, ($35) over the entire face.
Cheeks: Fashion-forward cheeks
· In order to create the exaggerated cheek look, Matin applied Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Stick Face Colour in Bronze Glow, ($32) to the tops of the cheeks and around the eyes.
· On top of the Bronze Glow, he applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Rosebud, ($25) outside the eye, on the temple, brow bone, in the crease of the eye, lightly under the lash line and high on the cheek bones, steering clear of the apples of the cheeks.
· He then used Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Oleander, ($25) under the eye, in the inner rim and on the cheeks, to soften them.
· Lastly, to highlight the cheeks, Matin brushed Laura Mercier Pearl Glow Veil, part of the Bonne Mine Palette, ($48), over the lid, the brow bone and high on the cheekbones.
Eyes: Defined brown eyes
· First, Matin applied Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Cocoa, ($28) at the lash line, blending it up and out and also around the bottom of the eye.
· He then swept Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Hot Chocolate ($24), a Sephora exclusive, on top of the lids, adding the shadow to the outer corner of the eye and emphasizing the line of the eye to frame it.
· For the final touch of glamour, he added Laura Mercier Faux Lash Macara in Black, ($25) and filled in the models’ brows to create a strong brow.
Lips: Soft, rosy lips
· To complete the look, Matin applied a layer of Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in Bare Baby ($25) as a base.
· He then topped the lips with Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Rose Petal, ($26), focusing on the middle of the lips and applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Oleander, ($25) on the sides and outer corner of the lips.