Get Amy Adams’ Oscar Night Looks!
86th Annual Academy Awards
Nominee, Actress in a Leading Role, American Hustle
Makeup by Stephen Sollitto
Celebrity makeup artist Stephen Sollitto created a sophisticated makeup look for Amy Adams, who is nominated for “Actress in a Leading Role” for her portrayal of Sydney Prosser in “American Hustle.” He stated, “She wore a stunning sapphire blue Gucci gown, modern and clean. Obviously, I am inspired by this color and simply wanted the makeup to be just as sophisticated.”
Below, he breaks down the steps he took to create her flawless red carpet look.
· Sollitto prepared Adams’ skin using RéVive Moisturizing Renewal Cream ($195). He stated, “I always moisturize with this product. This is the line I use on myself every day. Prepping the skin is just as important as the makeup you use.”
· Sollitto applied Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide (NEW – Coming Fall 2014)to create a flawless complexion. He noted, “This foundation is simple to apply with a wet sponge or your fingers. It’s long wear, oil free and lightweight. In the end it gives you a matte finish so you don’t have to dust your face with loose powder, it’s built in.”
· Sollitto applied Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Terracotta ($24) to Adams’ lids and contrasted the look by applying Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Black Karat ($24) under the star’s bottom lashes.
· To keep Adam’s eyes looking ”bright,” Sollitto dotted his “ideal champagne shade,” Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Sugar Frost ($26) to the inner corners of Adams’ eyes.
· He applied Nars Eye Paint Liner in Tatar ($25) along the star’s upper lash line to make them “pop.”
· To finish, he applied Dior Black Out Mascara ($25) to Adams’ lashes.
· Sollitto applied the perfect “spring-like blush,” Tom Ford Beauty Cheek Color in Ravish ($56) to create a look “that was flush with color.”
· Sollitto noted that he wanted to achieve a lip look that was “pretty, a little bit rosy and glossy.” He used Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Cozy ($25) which he described as “having the perfect punch I was looking for.” He then layered Tom Ford Beauty Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Rose Crush ($45) over it “for a bit of glamour to match the day.”