Bag Trends to Follow In Spring/Summer 2012
Bags are as important as your shoes, dress or make up but most people do not give them enough thought except as a necessity. A bag reflects your personality and personal style and travels everywhere with you. It should not only be perfect in style and make but also in size. It must be able to hold all your necessities, be it your best anti-wrinkle cream, mascara, or a small water bottle, and that too in style. The following are the bag trends for Spring/Summer 2012 –
- Knitted Bags – Knitted Shoes have been the in thing this season but knitting has become a trend in bags too. Pair them with ethnic clothes and interesting patterns as these bags look not only different but cute. They are perfect for everyday use.
- Top designers – Alberta Ferretti, Dolce and Gabbana, Proenza Schouler.
- Huge Clutch purses – Clutches have always been sleek and small and more of a fashion accessory than a bag that will hold your things. However, Spring/Summer 2012 sees designers removing the complaint of fashionable people as clutch purses get huge enough to be carried around everywhere. These seem to be a hit, particularly with the office going people because they come in many neutral colors and styles. Some bright colored clutches that are being launched are best for formal occasions and outfits.
- Top Designers – Versus, Marni, Victoria Bekham, Donna Karan.
- Printed Bags – As is evident from the trends of dresses and shoes, Spring/Summer 2012 is asking us to be bolder and more experimental. Prints have become interesting and outrageous and designers have experimented a lot.
- Top Designers – Prada, Versace, Fendi, Dolce & Gabbana
- Foldover Bags – The past two seasons have seen an increase in the popularity of Foldovers and from the trend, it appears that their popularity is not going to wane anytime soon. In fact, they are now available in a number of prints, colors and sizes too.
- Top Designers – Dries Van Noten, Helmut Lang, Sonia Ryliel
- Shoulder Bags (Small) – Shoulder bags of the smaller variety have always been popular. This season, these small bags are going to be trendier than ever and are going to function as ‘hand’ bags too.
- Top Designers – Paul Smith, Paco Rabanne, Hermes
- Satchels – If you are looking for comfort then a satchel bag will be the perfect choice for you. They are roomy and you can carry all that you want.
- Top Designers – Louis Vuitton, Mulberry, Diesel Black Gold
- Wristlets – These bags, which look like clutch purses, are different in the way they can be held. You can wrap the small strap around your wrist hold it comfortably.
- Top Designers – Tommy Filfiger, Loewe, Erdem.
- Totes – These large bags are perfect for women who carry a lot of things or when you are going out for the weekend. Brightly colored, medium sized bags are going to be popular this season.
- Top Designers – Marc Jacobs, Bottega Veneta, Erdem
The key to bagging the right trend is to mix comfort and style seamlessly. No matter what your style may be, you need a bag that does its job well, so invest some time and money when shopping for bags. Bags can make or break your outfit, so make sure that you spend well.
Samantha Lyttle is a former model and now an established fashion expert. She raves about her latest clothing line that she’s designing especially for halloween 2012. You can order here for sexy halloween costumes made by her.