10 Gift Ideas That Your Bridesmaids Won’t Hate
Your specially chosen bridesmaids were clearly selected because they are people who have been important to you. Some may have had made personal sacrifices to assist you in some way or another in the past or present. Others may have been a shoulder to cry on during bitter breakups, first-home purchases or snagging that top job. So you have chosen them because they are special.
On your most memorable day, namely your wedding day, you are sharing the grand stage with these indomitable women by your side. It might be easy for some brides to reward their maids with tokens of their appreciation that lack practicality and deep though. However, you will want more thoughtful expressions of your gratitude. The last thing any maid wants is an impractical gift that they likely cannot use more than once.
Bridesmaid gifts are best when they are more than just pretty, or stylish, but actually useful, according to Vogue magazine, the so-called fashion bible. These gifts are even better if they are highly memorable and unique. Thankfully, the well of ideas has not run dry, and there are still plenty of unique bridesmaid gifts that meet these criteria.
Here are 10 pretty practical gift ideas for your bridesmaids.
- Tote bag. One of the best bridesmaid gift ideas are tote bags. You do not want to buy just any kind of tote bag, though. Totes that come in colors that coordinate with your bridal color story and that are monogrammed provide a personal touch that gives each maid a unique memento of the big day. If the bridesmaid is married, then a good suggestion is to have her own wedding date—or another date that is meaningful to her—embroidered on the bag so that she has a gift that truly resonates with her in a deeply personal way.
- Engraved lip gloss. Personalizing a gift is a fast way to elevate it to special status. It instantly becomes a VIP emblem. Lip gloss might be fairly ordinary in and of itself, but when you customize it for each bridesmaid with her name, it becomes an instant classic. YSL makes a great range of engraveable glosses in multiple colors to suit various palettes, and the bonus is you do not have to pay a dime extra for getting them customized.
- Camera bag. Camera bags can be nifty presents when you buy them in hip styles and classic colors. Bonus points for finding brands that allow you to get them monogrammed, such as what the brand Pop & Suki does with its irresistible line of these handy grab-and-go accessories.
- Personalized necklace. There is nothing wrong with gifting bridesmaids with jewelry. Jewelry is always welcome especially if it has something different about it. Try personalizing a necklace purchase with the inscription of your choice. For example, some brands, like Erica Weiner, allow you to have song lyrics or a message stamped on their jewelry.
- Subscription-based service. For a gift that truly keeps on giving in the most literal sense, there are all manner of subscription-based offerings. Since you know your girlfriends maybe better than anyone else, find a subscription service that has something that would be perfect for each bridesmaid. For example, Birchbox is a well-known beauty subscription service that offers monthly surprises and would make an ideal gift. For the oenophile, a good wine-of-the-month service would be perfection.
- Something handmade. One of the most original gifts you could possibly give would be something that you have made yourself. The sky’s the limit as to what you can make. Whether it is a scented candle; or a huge throw; or something less costly like tasty comestibles, such as jams and biscuits, your one-of-a-kind gift is sure to be valued.
- Personalized perfume. There is perfume, and then there is personalized perfume. The latter can be either a bottle of perfume that has been especially formulated by you for each or all of your bridesmaids or a bottle of perfume that has personalized packaging only. The packaging could have a picture of, say, you and your bridesmaid sharing a good laugh.
- Favorite food or beverage. If you know one of your bridesmaids must have her daily fix of caffeinated “go juice,” then she would love a supply—it could be on a weekly, monthly, yearly or even subscription basis—of some gourmet coffee that she cannot find anywhere around. Gourmands in the group will love edible treats that are new to their palates, so introduce them to something different that they will enjoy.
- Stationery. Personalized stationery, especially in this digital age, can be cute, quaint and collectible.
- Pajamas. Every girl must get her beauty rest. So why not have your ladies kick back in style when it comes time for slumber with monogrammed pj’s in high-thread-count cotton?
Reward your faithful bridesmaids with fabulous finds that will stand the test of time and that are anything but common.